On the 30th April 2019 SMEF officially closed.
Over the lifetime of the programme, SMEF:
Supported 861 unique SMEs with a range of services and support;
- built the capacity of 78 BDS providers;
- provided skills training to 1,175 individuals that will make them more employable and exceed in the workplace;
- conducted a scoping study into women’s access to microfinance;
- conducted diagnostic studies into two MFIs;
- provided financial literacy training to 197 women entrepreneurs; and
- through STEP, supported 270 young women with skills or entrepreneurship training.